How To Enable Account Lockout Threshold In Windows 7-8-10:Account lockout threshold is basically a feature of Windows that allows you to lock your user account after a number of failed login attempts. When the user account is locked due to the failed login attempts then it can only be retrieved by the administrator so you are reading How To Enable Account Lockout Threshold In Windows 7-8-10.
To use it, you can set a number of values between 0 to 999 failed logins. The 0 is the default value in which your account will never be locked, no matter how many times you try to login to your computer.
How To Enable Account Lockout Threshold In Windows 7-8-10
However, you might think that why would you need to enable account lockout threshold in your Windows? Well, that’d just because it protects and keeps your computer safe from all kinds of hackers that can access your computer after a number of failed login attempts and they will not be able to access your computer without your permission.
So, today I have created this tutorial in which I will show you that how you can easily enable the account lockout threshold in your Windows 7 and 8. So, without wasting much of your valuable time, let’s get started with our tutorial.
Must Check:How To Disable Notifications In Windows 7
Learn- How To Enable Account Lockout Threshold In Windows 7-8-10
So, follow the below given steps to enable account lockout threshold in your Windows 7 and 8.
- First of all, press Windows + R keys on your keyboard to open up Run command.
- Now, type gpedit.msc in the Run command dialog box and then hit Enter key.
- Then, a new security dialog box will appear and then click on Yes button to proceed.
- Now, locate to the following option: Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings >Account Policies > Account Lockout Policy.
- After that, double-click on the Account Lockout Threshold option, it will be on the right-hand side window.
- Now, a new dialog box will appear, in which you have to enter any specific value that you want. But remember to enter the value between 0 and 999.
- Then, click on Apply and OK button and then a new window will appear and again click on OK button.
- That’s Done ! You are done! Now, simply close the Local Group Policy Editor window.
So,: this was all about how to enable account lockout threshold in your Windows 7 and 8. I hope that now you will be able to easily enable the account lockout threshold in your Windows 7 and 8 PC. If you have any type of queries regarding this tutorial then do let us know, we will try our best to resolve them. And in the meantime, if you would like this tutorial then don’t forget to share this with your friends and social circles too.